15 November 2006

The Weirdest Cristmass Discount - Christian Death on sale




No, this is not a new album of CHRISTIAN DEATH, but some kind of compilation of material from all the periods of the band. „Rozz Williams“ tracks like „Cavity“ and „Sleepwalk“ are featured „Live ´99“, some others are re-recordings I guess. We find classics like „This Is Heresy“, „Ashes Part 2“ and „Strange Fortune“, not so wellknown tracks like „Malus Amor“ and „Alpha Sunset“ and some more like „Zero Sex (Live ´99)“, „The Nascent Virion“. Newer ones like „Washing Machine“ and so on.
You know it is funny how some bands are not to be seen live to be appreciated. I utterly hated their Ljubljana concert, and was drawn away from all of the Valor made albums. But then years after the concert faded away from my memory I started to listen to some of their albums and found them fairly enjoyable. It's the same thing that happened to me with Blue Oyster Cult. After seeing a video of their concert with Black Sabbath, I couldn't help but to start disliking them in many ways, especially the singer. You can add Styx there as well, the way they act on stage and look like is a disaster, allthough I find myself enjoying some of their albums. The only thing I have to do is not to look at them, just listen and everything is allright.
Christian Death are miles away from these two bands, they are cool yes, simply because of the fact that they have a bass player/singer/Valor's wife Maitri, who performs without her panties! You gotta love that
.
It's either love it or hate it with Christian Death. If you love the original Christian Death , than this new Valor Kand's incarnation of the band is somewhat in a lower league. But if you were to listen to them without knowing who the hell is that playing, you'd probably say that finally there is a goth metal band without crappy vocals. And that is what this Christian Death is all about. It is a more than decent goth metal band. As for the Old Christian Death, first two albums are masterpieces in any book and by any standard, but this, this is whole different band. If they recorded this under some other name they would be much more appreciated.
I found this and other 3 albums on a Cristmass discount at my favourite record shop. And what a strange way to feel a Cristmass spirit this is...
Anyway the music is made to be listened to and if you can forget about Rozz-Valor dispute, forget about offensive material, forget about the unnecessary obligatory over the top visual image of the band, and just listen to the music. It's fine allright. Especially the Rozz penned tracks... And oh, yes if I were to make a decent album of the remaining three I bought I guess I would only end up with an ep or maybe mlp if I felt generous...

No comments: