21 November 2006

Mule: If I Don't Six


I am basically a Touch & Go fan. Everything ever released by this label is good enough to make me wanna listen to it. And here is one of the major reasons why.Allthough it was released on Quarterstick label, Mule was in truest sense a Touch & Go band, and the injustice was made right later when P.W. Long Reelfoot was signed to them. Mule's original line up consisted of Laughing Hyenas rhythm section aka Kevin Munro on bass and Jim Kimball on drums who later became a member of Jesus Lizard and of Dennison Kimball Trio. But the real weapon here is P.W. Long. Allthough allegeadly very envyous on Duane Dennison who is considered as the best noise rock guitar player there PW had nothing to be envyous about since his style was and still is so distinctive that you really can't go wrong and mistake him for annother.If I were to pick my favourites, it would be him or The Butthole Surfers' own Paul Leary. Here's my first in series of several P.W. Long releases. Other two will be P.W. Long Reelfoot's "We didn't see you on sunday", and "Push me again". Note about the albums that I post: I own these CD's and if you like them too, go buy them as well. Support the bands. Many of these people stop making music since they cannot afford it. They have to take crappy daytime jobs to support themselves because they are not able to make enough money by playing music. And as we saw on T&G 25 years show, they still can rock. They still rule. But you have to eat, your family has to eat, and if you can't support them, music has to stop. That's reality and that sucks.


No comments: