02 November 2006

Mighty Germans: Volt - 2006 Rorhat



Crunch! Riff! Roar! Have you ever stopped and thought that it would be really easy to play in a heavy band? Well Volt show that sometimes the best playing comes from fighting outside the box. Not fast enough to mosh to; not enough detuned crunch to headbang to; vocals that are more unnerving than anything you would mouth along to - Volt play music with Balls.
Though these kinds of descriptions are often useless, in this case, it has to be said, they sound a lot like Dazzling Killmen or Lightning Bolt - because of the tremendous intensity you know. If that means anything to you, you'll be heading out to buy this right now, and if not, then you probably won't care anyway.
Just saw these guys play live and bought their new cd. It was awsome, nearly blew me away. It has been long time since I really enjoyed a show like I did with Volt. I wanted to buy a T-shirt but the drummer told me: "Buy a CD, 'cause it's all about music." And you know what? He's right, I forgot what's important.
If you like what you hear here, you should buy the album. It's not about the t-shirts, merchandise and stuff.... it's all about the music.
Go see them live if you can, it's the best show I saw this year.

Svirali smo s njima u Menzi, i razbili su nas, baš su nas pojeli, a nije baš da smo kamilica...




No comments: