08 June 2011

The Police - Bring on the Night Paris 1981

On a previous post for Damo Suzuki Network, by accident in a zip file there, you have also included a very fine bootleg by The Police. Among the very first records I really cherished in my youth, Zenyatta Mondatta is still the record I enjoy very very much. And I know it by heart. This was Zenyatta tour I guess and as the reviewer below says the new songs did not glue all that well. It was also interesting, for me at least, on athe official Police live double disc, the fact that the band needed a couple songs to really start cookin'. Here they oscillate wildly ;-))

"Well, this bootleg is interesting for several reasons. First of all, it's a very good soundboard recording. It could well be an official release, were it not for the fact that there is hardly any audience audible. Unfortunately, it appears that the Police were not having their best night. The new songs like Don't Stand.. and De Do Do Do sound awful (it's a concert from 1981). They make mistakes and even Stewart plays insecure. The older songs have great renditions, however. And the fact that they were not having their best gig kinda makes it interesting.. I'd recommend this one for any Police fan, but don't expect a flawless gig! Gerry, Holland."

No comments: