08 October 2009

Leaving Trains and the "F" word album



If you want to know more about the band I suggest you go to allmusic, and read all the blah blah about who was where and when in the band etc...
It's utterly boring and informative.
When I first heard this band, it was this albums' closer: What the president meant to say. I thought it was as much fun as Giant Sand's Swerwe. In fact, I thought there was Howe Gelb on board, but no it was Falling James Moreland all the way. For years I thought they were an offshoot for Gelb's punk leanings if he ever had any, but you know, there was no internet those days and I had no access to any of the fanzines and stuff, and I got the whole picture when I finally bought this cd few years later. It's an utter fun.
Personal picks: Violent Sex,
What Cissy Said, Twenty-Seven Days .
Edit: couple of years later I learned that they actually did work together, Fallin James sang lead vocal on the song Doors from Love Songs album: http://www.deezer.com/track/346352011
Well I guess I wasn't crazy after all!

buy: SST RECORDS
P.O. Box 1
Lawndale, CA 90260

No comments: